1. Sunday, I looked at many different auto parts stores on the Internet. I found a site with the great combination of, affordable prices, choice, location and free shipping. I place my order with Expressautoparts.com, located in New York City.
2. Tuesday, The parts arrived at work. I carried the pads and one disc home.
3. Wednesday, I carried the second disc home.
4. Thursday, I dropped my car off at Sal’s Auto Repair in Hoboken.
5. Friday, Went into Sal’s and asked him how much do I owe? He looked at me and said, “Under Five Hundred Dollars.” My heart sank but it turns out that Sal was just pulling my leg. He only charged me $75.
Price review: 2 front discs and a brake pad set, $98. Labor — $75. Total cost = $173. I won, for the first time in my life I wasn’t a sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you need any work done on your car in Hoboken, drop me a line, I’ll hook you up.
Last night, I had some Chinese food with Walter. After we parted ways, I headed back to Hoboken and walked to the waterfront to check out the WTC memorial. I was really moved. It just seems like the perfect way to remember the people we lost but it’s also a symbol of strength. I took a lot of photos but I’m still trying to figure out my camera. I apologize for the blurriness of the buildings but the beam of light is still in focus. Also, it’s really two beams but from my vantage point in Hoboken, It only looks like one beam. I should take my old school film camera down there. I’m going to end things on the photo today. Have a great weekend. God Bless America.